As you may already know, we use Namecheap to resell domains to you. So, following their five-year tradition of lowering the cost of transfers on one day only to support EFF, we are going to have our first MoveYourDomainDay on February 2, 2016.
On Oznorts’ first annual MoveYourDomainDay (MYDD), .COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, and .INFO domains can be transferred for just $4.88. Transferring your domain also adds a year to your domain’s expiration date, in most cases, which makes a transfer to Oznorts even better.
During MoveYourDomainDay, every domain transferred will trigger Namecheap to “donate between $0.50 and $1.50 to watchdog group EFF, the Electronic Frontier Foundation. EFF is the world’s biggest advocate for online access rights and privacy.”
Although Namecheap has donated over $200,000 to EFF in the previous four years of MoveYourDomainDay, they are aiming to make 2016 the biggest year yet.
- Verify that the domain name is eligible for transfer. The domain will need to be unlocked and must have been with your current registrar for at least 60 days;
- Verify you have access to the email address on the Administrative WHOIS contact (make sure to turn off any Whois privacy protection tools or Private Registration);
- Unlock the domain;
- Get your Auth/EPP code from your current registrar;
- Add the funds needed to your Oznorts account or verify you have a credit card on file (optional, but recommended).
- Add the domain(s) to transfer to your cart by going to the Bulk Domain Transfer page (it doesn’t matter if you are only transferring one domain);
- Apply the promo code MYDD16 to your cart;
- Verify the cost change is reflected (if it is not, we will refund the difference within 24 hours of transferring);
- Head to the Domains Configuration page after you have added each domain to the cart;
- Add the EPP/Auth Code for each domain in the EPP Code box and click Continue;
- Complete the checkout process using the account funds on file or saved payment method.
- Check your email for the verification email request (it is sent from [email protected] or [email protected]);
- Click the link to approve this transfer.